Monday 6 August 2012

Minnie Mouse Nails: An O.P.I Tutorial

The Colour of Minnie

As you may know from my first few posts I am in love with Disney & my favourite character without a doubt (& the exception of Tinkerbell & Ariel) is Minnie Mouse!
I've seen many dotty nail tutorials & decided to put my Minnie Mouse OPI collection to good use & try to create a cute style for my nails & here are my results!
I've never done nail art so I was a little worried it would turn out rubbish but I'm pretty pleased with the results and all it took was some varnish & a little paintbrush available at any cheap crafts store!


1) Get hold of a red and a white polish - I used a white OPI from a manicure set & Minnie Mouse OPI in the perfectly named shade 'The Color of Minnie'.


2) Paint 2 coats of red & then apply a top coat for strength and shine.

3) Unfortunately I forgot to take photos of this part because I was concentrating so hard sorry! In a nutshell though - Take your little paintbrush and carefully dip it into the white, then make tiny dots on your nails in a random manner. This part really is so simple but make sure you hardly have any white on the brush - it's much better to build up the dot colour rather than have a big blob of it!



4) Add another clear top coat & voila! You have nails that Minnie Mouse herself would be proud of!

NB: I also added a little black bow using the same brush method but this was a little trickier & didn't come out as well but I liked the idea of the detail on the thumb!


I hope you enjoyed my first tutorial & excuse the awful state of my cuticles and nails at the minute!
Enjoy testing the dotty minnie method & let me know or show me any of your results or tips!



4 comments:

  1. Ohhh I love this!! Thanks for stopping by my blog, now following :)

    xo, Jersey Girl

    hairsprayandhighheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the added black ribbon, makes it look extra cute!
    Thanks for following my blog :) I'm your follower #5!

    http://purejeanius.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, this design is so cute. :)

    Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog, following you back. :)

    xx

    www.sweetsaremyweakness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cute design, definetly going to have to try it out!
    Vianca
    Little Miss Stylista

    ReplyDelete