Sunday 10 March 2013

O.P.I Nail Envy

Winter and coursework overload means one thing - chipped, brittle and dry nails! While I try to avoid painting them during these times they still managed to get into an awful condition and it was clear I needed help!

As a little treat for handing in my uni work & starting this blog back up, I bought myself an O.P.I favourite I'd heard rave reviews about.


I purchased this from Amazon which is my go-to store for any O.P.I polishes. Priced at £5.50 instead of retailing for over £10 I had nothing to lose! Delivery took four days & on opening I was pretty impressed! Coming in a full sized bottle (15mL) with a milky white liquid that paints on clear, the extract on the back of the box reads:

"It is an AWESOME base coat. I've had manis last a week with this on the bottom"

Say hello to stronger natural nails with Matte Nail Envy - formulated with wheat protein and calcium to resist peeling, cracking and splitting.

The bottle comes with an instruction booklet advising a two coat application to begin with following with an extra coat every 2 days for 2 weeks. I've been using it every day so far and the only negative I can find is that my nails seem to hurt after application - maybe that's just in my head! 

I figured it would be best to do a before and after shot here so I'll keep this posted!

Have you guys ever used any good nail strengtheners? If so comment them below, I am forever on the lookout!


UPDATE:

Okay so I have been using this product for a while and it's safe to say - I'm not a fan.

The pain in my nails kept coming back (image the achiness of trapping them in a doorway). I read the instructions and it warns of bad sensations so perhaps I'm just sensitive to it. I also found whilst stronger (See below) the nails themselves didn't grow as quickly as other reviews I had seen.


BEFORE
AFTER
To me - the difference is not noticeable and I found that they split extremely easily. I'd often find myself admiring their growth only to see a split where the whole nail nearly came off on one. 
All in all, not the worst strengthener but definitely not for me. I was probably expecting a miracle but I'd give it a 7/10. 
The search continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment